Inspiration in a bottle! That’s what my friend Heidi handed me. Sip after glorious sip my mind raced to figure out how I could create this same experience for my family from my own kitchen. Coconut Milk Delight is the result. I shared it with my daughter and her response was “MoM this is so delicious and fun to drink that I could easily drink too much of it!” I then had fun sharing the super news that chia seeds are a girls best friend.
Here’s the great news!
- Chia absorbs up to 12 times its weight and expands to curb your appetite
- Chia has 11 grams of fiber per ounce (42% of your recommended daily value of fiber)
- Chia is one of the most concentrated sources of omega-3 in any food, even salmon
- Chia contains high amounts of omega-6
- Chia contains 18% of your daily value per ounce of calcium (3 times more than skim milk)
- Chia is excellent for weight loss, digestion, heart health and beautiful skin, hair and nails
- And, on top of all of this, it’s FUN TO DRINK!
Here’s the recipe!
Chia Coconut Milk Delight 2-3 Servings
- 3 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 teaspoons agave nectar (stevia, maple syrup, honey etc)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- Variations: You can also use almond milk, milk, kambucha, your favorite juice etc
- Pour one cup of warm water over 3 tablespoons of chia seed stir and place in the fridge over night
- Stir ‘chia pudding’ to break up any clumps
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and sweetener
- Divide Chia pudding into 2-3 glasses
- Add one cup of coconut milk, stir and ENJOY!
Have you ever had the pleasure of drinking from a glass straw? One of my lovely clients gifted a couple to me and we LOVE them!
I would love to hear from you. How do you like this recipe? It would be fun to learn of any variations that you come up with. firstname.lastname@example.org